If you’re an international student looking for a top-notch university to attend, look no further than the University of South Florida (USF). Located in Tampa, Florida, USF offers students a wealth of majors and extracurricular activities to choose from.
In addition, Tampa is home to many top companies, which means there are plenty of internship opportunities available.
And if that wasn’t enough, FloridaBrazil.org is a recruiter for USF and we can help you with the admissions process for undergraduate and masters degree programs. So what are you waiting for? Here are the top 10 reasons to study at USF:
- Academic excellence – USF is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and ranks within the top 100 public research universities in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Something for everyone – With over 180 majors and programs offered, USF has something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in business, engineering, or even medicine, we have you covered.
- Affordable tuition – As an international student, you’ll be glad to know that our tuition is very competitive when compared to other universities in the United States.
- Location, location, location – Tampa is a bustling metropolitan city with plenty to do both on and off campus. From going to the beach to exploring downtown, there’s never a dull moment here.
- An education that will take you places – A degree from USF will open doors for you all around the world. Our alumni are making their mark in countries across the globe.
- A supportive community – At USF, we pride ourselves on being a supportive community where students can feel comfortable taking risks and exploring new ideas.
- Diverse perspectives – Our student body is extremely diverse, which means you’ll have the opportunity to learn about different cultures and perspectives from your classmates.
- Hands-on learning opportunities – We believe that learning should be active, not passive. That’s why we offer plenty of hands-on learning opportunities through internships, research projects, etc.
- A world-renowned faculty – Our faculty members are leaders in their respective fields and are passionate about teaching and mentoring students.
- A wealth of extracurricular activities – From clubs and organizations to sports teams, there’s something for everyone at USF. Get involved and make the most of your college experience!
Majors and Extracurricular Activities
One of the major draws of USF for international students is the range of majors available. From business to engineering to liberal arts, there’s something for everyone at USF. And with over 200 student organizations on campus, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to get involved in campus life and make new friends.
Some of the most popular student organizations include the Student Government Association, Interfraternity Council and the Brazilian Student Association.
Internship Opportunities Abound
Tampa is home to many large corporations, which means there are plenty of opportunities for internships – especially for business and engineering students. But that’s not all – Tampa was recently named one of the best cities for young entrepreneurs by Forbes Magazine. So if you’re interested in starting your own business someday, Tampa is a great place to be!
Schedule a College Tour – Visit USF
If you’re interested in visiting the University of South Florida campus, we offer college tours led by current students.
This is a great way to see the university and get all of your questions answered. USF offers tours during Spring, Summer and Fall terms
To schedule a tour, contact the counselors at FloridaBrazil.org. We look forward to planning your visit !
The USF admissions process for international students is the same as for domestic students, with a few additional requirements. In addition to completing the regular application, international students must submit:
- A copy of your passport
- Full High School and University transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (if English is not your first language) TOEFL test scores are recommended.
- SAT Test for undergraduate students / GRE or GMAT Test for graduate degree candidates. Ask our counselors about exonerations.
- Financial documentation demonstrating your ability to pay for your education. This may include a bank statement, letter of sponsorship, or other official financial documentation.
Once you have submitted all required materials, your application will be reviewed by the FloridaBrazil.org admissions counselors. If you are accepted, you will be issued an I-20 form, which is necessary to obtain a student visa.
Please note that it can take several weeks to receive your I-20 form, so make sure to apply early!
As you can see, there are many great reasons to study at the University of South Florida (USF). If you’re looking for a top-notch university with academic excellence, diverse perspectives, and plenty of extracurricular activities, then USF is the place for you!
And remember, if you need any help with the admissions process, our team at FloridaBrazil.org would be happy to assist you!